Saturday 20 January 2018

Saturday Smiles - Grinning Kitten Card

Hello Everyone,

I recycled this image of a grinning kitten from a commercially produced card I received a couple of years ago. I'm a sucker for kittens anyway but this one really makes me smile. It's been teamed up with papers from a very old patterned paper pack and brown card that's so ancient I can't remember where it came from.

To make the card I did the following:

  • I cut a 12" sheet of brown cardstock in half and folded it to create a 6" square card base
  • one sheet of the patterned paper, from the 6x6 paper Memory Box collection Spiceberry, trimmed to 1/8" smaller than the card, was adhered to the card front
  • two scraps from the same paper pad was trimmed down and also adhered to the card front to create the panel behind the topper
  • the image of the grinning kitten was trimmed down and then I attached a small length of wine red ribbon on the bottom right corner. The faux bow was created by knotting a scrap round the ribbon. 

I will be submitting this card to the following challenge:

Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper January 2018 - A challenge that is always about using Patterned Papers

Like the last snippet card I made, link here,  this card is made from winter themed paper but I don't think it's obviously a Christmas one. It's a card, I think, that would suit any one of quite a few occasions and, for sure, the eventual recipient will be cheered up by that happy kitty.

Take care and have a great weekend.

1 comment:

Julie said...

Love the look on the cats face.
Thanks for joining us at Crafty Hazelnut's Pattern Paper Challenge
Julie T