Wednesday 3 May 2017

What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday - Week 413

Afternoon Everyone,

Sorry I'm late but the weather has taken a change for the better so we've taken advantage (who knows how long it will last) and been working on the garden all morning - so many weeds!

However, it's now too hot to stay out giving me the perfect excuse to retreat to the craft room and join in with Julia's What's On Your Workdesk over at The Stamping Ground. And, it also gives me the opportunity to show what the craft room looks like at this stage in Operation CRSO (Craft Room Sort Out).
Firstly, I've turned the desk, which was side on and jutting out into the room, round to face the window, making the room seem a lot more spacious. The screen, keyboard & mouse are now in the left hand corner. That's next to the worktop where the computer hard drive, and the two printers are now that the old computer has gone. Of course, I've had to pair down the stuff that I keep on my desk ... there's only what I consider vital left - containers of pens, scissors, a box of notepads & notelets, and the two guillotines and a trimmer at the back. On the right is the notebook in current use, to do list book and my planner. Oh, and if you enlarge the photo you might just make out that the wood pigeon that sits just above the window has left his calling card!
Another view, this time of the left return of the work top. It was, until the weekend, where the computer screen, etc. lived. Now it's my die-cutting station. I know what you're thinking. What does anyone need with so many machines? The answer is, I know nothing! They've just been multiplying when my back was turned.
And this is what I'm planning to work on today. I have several homemade scrap kits piled up on the bookcase you can just about see on the right of the first photo. I've just taken the this one down to work on. It's all part of Operation CRSO - time to get some scrapping done and clear that space on the bookshelf.

So that's what's on my desk today. Looking forward to catching up and seeing what's on your desk too. Apologies to Julia for the lack of brevity but I thought some of you might be interested in all the changes going on in my craft room.

But before I pop over to The Stamping Ground I thought I'd just share this photo of the long view of our garden at the back looking down to the woodland area just out of sight.
The pots in the foreground are full of herbs coming along nicely now that the sun is out.

17 comments:

Lunch Lady Jan said...

It's funny that...the way the machines keep multiplying without you noticing. The same thing happens to my fabric and yarn - it must be the Magic Crafting Fairies that sneak in when we're not looking...... :-D
Isn't it funny how just changing one thing like the table can make such a difference? I'm glad you're so pleased with the change around, it looks a good space. And we've got yet another bright sunny day here, honestly the past two months have been amazing weather wise!
Hugs, LLJ 5 xxx

Sarah Brennan said...

I'd turn the desk to face the window too, if I had that view down the garden. Good luck with the scrapbooking. Sarah #19

glitterandglue said...

Hi Elizabeth. My goodness, you have been busy whilst I have been AWOL! The room looks fantastic - and oh, so neat and tidy! Well done. Enjoy doing those layouts - another thing to cross off the to-do list. Yippee!
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #22

lisa said...

Your garden is looking beautiful, Elizabeth. Scotland is certainly having the best temperatures at the minute aren't they, it's been beautiful here today but there's been a very strong cool wind. Not kept me in though. Your
Aquilegia seeds are doing well. I always think of you when I see them.
Hugs Lisax #20


shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Elizabeth, your comment about the pigeon's calling card made me laugh, mainly because I have exactly the same on my window right now! A little sunshine down here, but not too warm,as there is a chilly wind blowing. Love the shot of the garden. how lovely to be able to look out on it now. Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #2 XxX

Sandra H said...

That's an amazing view Elizabeth turn and you will be in the garden too as your crafting xx

Twiglet said...

I like Jan's comment about the Fairies - it happens here too!! Its a good idea to have a move around - enjoy your new crafting space. xx Jo

Helen said...

Love how you've re-organised your room. Love your garden too, what a joy it looks. helen #1

Plush Possum Studio said...

Your post made me want to wander off into that woodland area and then return refreshed for some crafting time...or perhaps some cooking using a few herbs.
Rose

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

So organised Elizabeth, I'm so jealous and love your craft room. Thanks for the visit to mine, have a great crafty week and a happy woyww, Angela x14x

Sharon said...

Your craft room looks lovely and so organised. I think it's nice to be able to look out the window while crafting. Your garden looks wonderful - looks like it took a lot of hard work!

Happy WOYWW
Sharon K #27

Di said...

Wonderful garden photo, I hopped over after reading that you have two hedgies in your garden! How marvellous Elizabeth, really delighted to hear the news.

Hugs

Di xx

craftyani said...

My late husband used to say my stock and machine/tools breed like rabbits. Your room looks very organised now, the trouble is if like me how long for? You have a lovely garden view. Anickoana #42

Annie said...

I'm playing catch up with my WOYWW visits. Thanks for calling in to see me yesterday and for your lovely comments. Sorry it's taken me so long to call in on you.....customers must come first lol. I really enjoyed seeing the changes to your crafty space....I can imagine you in there playing with your multiplying machines :-) It's material that grows when my backs turned here lol.
Hope you have a good week.
Hugs,
Annie x #11

Lindart said...

Wow, such organization! Everything looks so neat! Your yard looks lovely, I can't wait to get my herbs going! Still too cold here. Thanks for sharing, Lindart #32

Julia Dunnit said...

I'm interested in OCRSO. Crikey you're brave! Doesn't it make a difference having the desk directly under the window! Gracious. Your cutting station is a thing of beauty..nice amounts of room. It's National Scrapbook Day this sunday, so its a good time to find some challenges and things. I too am on a mission to use stuff, and it feels great to achieve something with unused papers, for sure! Oh and bl***dy pigeons!

Megan J said...

Hi Elizabeth, you have been very busy with your operation CRSO I'm also in the middle of a crafty clean up, but mine's a complete mess just now. Hope you have a wonderful weekend... Megan