Wednesday 4 January 2017

What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday - Week 396

Morning Everyone,

The first Wednesday of the year 2017 and time to join in over at Julia's Stamping Ground with a pic of what's on our desks today. Here's mine.


Not so tidy this week. I've been busy elsewhere ... that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!!! There's three new Spellbinder dies. A new year's treat to myself - they were an irresistible bargain -  and I'm looking forward to trying them out for the first time. Lying under them is a huge, 12x12, Prima stencil which I have in mind to use on the background of a scrap layout. It's has a mix of words and images that I can pick and choose from. I've had it for maybe a year or so and never used it so that will be something else used for the first time this year. Underneath all that is a mess of paper scraps and enamel dots - leftover from another scrap layout finished recently. And then there's all the other stuff that seems to accumulate, inks, glues, stamps, etc., etc. Sigh. Once all those et ceteras start to give me a headache, I'll have a blitzing session and all will be well again - if only for a few nanoseconds!

It's back to normal for us this week. Most of the decorations are down, just the tree still up until the end of the week. The tree is so gorgeous I'm loathe to say goodbye but it has to be done. Am I the only one that feels like this about a Christmas tree - surely not :)

Happy first WOYWW of 2017,


12 comments:

Anne said...

hello Elizabeth. Love the dies. I should be taking down decorations - but hate seeing them go and like you leave the tree until last possible moment. I have a lot of tidying up and reorganisation to do :-( feel tired thinking about it. Happy New Year to you and your family. Anne #21

Annie said...

I have to say we took all our decs down last Sat and the bungalow had a good clean through....except for my sewing room of course and I'm tackling that today!!! I make a lot of dust and fluff with all my fabrics lol ....and don't clean it very often lol
Happy New Year with lots of fun and friendship.
Hugs,
Annie x #17

Kathyk said...

Looks both industrious and creative though!

Happy WOYWW

Kathyk
#14

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Elizabeth,lovely die selection. During my sort out I've found stuff I forgot I had, so that will be making an appearance on cards this year too. Have a good week, Hugs, Shaz #3 xx

glitterandglue said...

Happy New Year, Elizabeth. Like those spellbinder dies - they look fun to use. Enjoy finding and using everything.
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #4

Lindart said...

My tree is still up too - for the nest day or so. My DD has threatened to keep hers up 'till February! Looks like you will be having some fun with those pretty new dies! Happy New Year! Lindart #37

SumBunneh said...

Happy New Year

Looks like you have some good makings for new projects.. I hate to think how many things I have that I have never used... *whistles innocently*

Erika #27

Tertia said...

Oooh I love dies!!! Those are wonderful.
Happy WOYWW!
Tertia #8

okienurse said...

WOW! Awesome looking desk! I love to see dies, stencils and other crafty bits people have out on their desks. I am like an druggy needing a fix! My daughter bought me several dies for Christmas that I have put on a magnetic sheet that i believe are in the picture of my desk. At first I was not happy she bought them because of all the money she had already spent on us (plane fare to her house was our xmas gift) but she told me she gets them from a webstore called Wish.com and they are cheap...They are too! The ones she bought are a $1 each set and cut very well. Thanks for stopping by my desk! Happy New Year! Vickie #12

Julia Dunnit said...

Yep, back to normal here too, although when I pulled the Christmas tree out of the front door for Mr Dunnit to put in the van, it was dark and I didn't know until about three o'clock today that I'd left a carpet of pine needles on the door step. Honestly, it was ankle deep, poor tree was just clinging on!! Your desk looks very interesting, and I confess to a bit of new year sale shopping too, although I've nothing to show yet, still Waiting patiently for delivery.....!

Melissa said...

Looks like a nice bunch of FUN supplies on your workdesk to start the new year!

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Elizabeth, I've found that I can pretty much be sure which stamp came from which set, but, then generally, I have way more single stamps, than sets. I do also have a record on my PC of all my stamps, by theme/manufacturer, so if I am stuck, I have a back up reference. generally it's sentiment stamps that I end up splitting away from the set- if I don't see it when I look at sentiments, they never get used!
Hugs, Shaz xx