Tuesday 3 November 2015

A Quick Tuesday Post - Baby's Crocheted Lap Rug

Afternoon Everyone,

I've just come in from the garden, just clearing up ready for winter, and thought I'd share this wee lap rug I made for my little great-granddaughter, Lacie.
The ripple pattern, which I have been mistakenly referring to as chevron pattern, is the same as the one used on the rug made for her little cousin, Callum, earlier this year. The photos were taken before the rug was blocked and pressed. The yarn is a lovely soft double knit acrylic - machine washable, so practical and yet comfortable I hope.
Different colours, of course, and I did alter the row repeats, making the bands of colour wider this time ... saved an awful lot of sewing in of ends!

Now I'm off to do a bit of blog-hopping - so many people to visit and so little time!

Hope you are having a great day.

Happy Crafting,

8 comments:

Rita said...

Absolutely Stunning Elizabeth. Love the pretty colours too. Hugs Rita xxxx

akilli melek said...

That is such a lovely blanket. I have been toying with trying to crochet again, i didn't make a success of it last time but I love the finished result so think i need to try again.
caroline xx

Sandra H said...

Wow Elizabeth this is so lovely x

Jean said...

What a lovely little blanket Elizabeth, I really like the ripple pattern and the colours are so pretty.
Jean x

505whimsygirl said...

Hi Elizabeth,
Beautiful crochet!!! I would have thought this was the chevron pattern also.

Hugs,
Kay

LesleyG said...

Pretty colours for. Cozy blanket for Lacie xxx

Hettie said...

Love the colours in this Elizabeth. Funny how the knitting/crotchet comes out when the nights get darker! Have a bit of knitting on the go right now.
xx

MagsB said...

Oh how pretty, Elizabeth!!

love Mags B x