Wednesday 21 October 2015

Christmas Scene Card

Hello Everyone,

Thanks for dropping in. I hope you are all well and have had a good day.

It's been a bit of a damp day here ... the kind of day I'd usually be clapping my hands and calling an ideal crafting day but the truth is I've done nothing. An early morning appointment with the dentist for root canal treatment has left me out of sorts for the rest of the day.  And it just had to be done on What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday too!!!  

Anyway, after a mainly fluid diet, I'm starting to feel more myself and able to share one of the Christmas cards I made recently.
It features an upcycled image saved from a 2014 calendar. I like the cosy Christmas scene so much I just had to use it on a card.

How the card was made and materials used:
  • The base is made from one sheet, 11½" x 8", grey card from Papermill Direct folded in half to create a landscape tent style card.
  • A piece of patterned paper, Peppermint Twist from We Are Memory Keepers , was trimmed to fit the front of the card leaving a margin of grey showing. 
  • The calendar image was trimmed and matted on to scraps (admittedly fairly large ones) of dark red and lime green card, Papermania Textured cardstock.
  • A poinsettia flower, with matching leaves, was cut from snippets of the cardstock, using Spellbinders' Layered Poinsettia die set, and attached to the corner of the card front. A yellow card candy was used to decorate the centre of the poinsettia.
  • Because the base of the card is grey, a difficult colour to write a greeting on, a trimmed scrap of smooth white card was glued in place inside and a green leaf was used to decorate it.
That's another Christmas card crossed of the to do list ... at this rate I might just have enough by December.

I'm submitting this card to the following challenges:

Pixie's Snippet Playground ... the second time this week!

CHNC challenge extra for October 2015 - always anything goes as long as the theme is Christmas

That's me don for another day. 

Happy Crafting,
 

2 comments:

Di said...

This is lovely Elizabeth - such a cosy Christmas scene and I'm totally with you on why you just had to use it! Hope the tooth settles down OK!

Hugs

Di xx

Jean said...

A beautiful, cosy Christams image Elizabeth, certainly one worth reusing.
I hope your tooth is settling down now. I had a filling done today as well, only a small repair one though, nothing too traumatic.
Jean x