Thursday 6 August 2015

Proud as a Peacock Card

Afternoon Everyone

From a nearly sunny Ayr! Whatever next ... a late summer ... now that would be nice :)

One of the better side affects of our dreadful weather was that the craft room was the best place to be yesterday ... you can see I'm not bitter ...  giving me the perfect opportunity to finish off this card, the beginnings of which can be seen lying on my desk here.


The embossing folder and stamp used to create this card came as a free set with an issue of Simply Cards & Papercraft magazine - the Peacock Collection Embossing Folder & Stamp Set. I did try out the embossing folder on this green card, the reverse side of a 6" square of ColourCore Black Magic Spell Caster, soon after buying the magazine but that was as far as I got. It was then stashed away in my catch-all box and forgotten until a couple of days ago but, now that I have to think about moving stuff out while the craft room is being redecorated, that box has to be emptied. And it just so happened that this piece was the first to come to hand.

Here's how I made the card:

- The first step was to trim the embossed card to fit a 6" square Kraft card base, just a shade smaller than 6" to leave a tiny margin of Kraft visible, and then adhere it to the front.

- I then stamped the frame and peacock image that came with the set on to a snippet of smooth white card using a dark green ink pad - Versafine Olympia Green. I also stamped the sentiment on another snippet of card to match.

- The stamped images were then die-cut using a square die from an X-Cut square set for the main image and an oval die from Spellbinders Sapphire Basic Set A for the sentiment. I then traced round the dies on to a couple of snippets of smooth dark green card (Papermill Direct) and trimmed the shapes out, creating faux die cuts mats for the stamped images. Once they were matted they were adhered, using sticky pads to create dimension, to the front of the card.

- The flower embellishment was created by layering up die-cut flowers in two shades of green - cut from scraps using a Marianne Flower die set - and adding a fern spray and a few tiny leaf sprays (from Tattered Lace's Lavish Bloom Leaves and Mini die sets) found in my box of die-cuts.

- For the finishing touch I added tiny crystal gems in two shades of green to the flower centres and dotted around the embossed pattern.


I'm feeling quite pleased, one piece out of the bits box down and a ton of snippets put to good use. Just a squillion more to go!

I'm off to submit this to Pixie's Snippets Playground - Week 188 - anything goes as long as some snippets have been used in the process.

I wish you all a lovely evening.

Happy Crafting,

7 comments:

Jean said...

I love this pretty card Elizabeth. The swirly stamp and embossing folder are lovely and your arrangement of two tone flowers and leaves is beautiful.
Jean x

Eve said...

Hi Elizabeth
it is lovely to see you back in the playground with your stunning card. I love the colours and that embossing is very elegant.
I am so pleased that you managed to use up some more of those pesky snippets!
Eve xx

Veerle said...

Wonderful card Elizabeth, i love that flower bouquet gorgeous.
Hugs Veerle

Jackie said...

I am loving all that green Elizabeth, what a fabulous card :o)
Jackie xx

Marie-Louise said...

This is really beautiful Elizabeth. Sorry I have not been around and have missed so many of your posts but Gerry has had another stroke and time is very limited. Hope all is well with you.

Barb said...

I have this set too Elizabeth and hardly used it. I love what you have done with it. This card is gorgeous. Green is my favourite colour. Barbxx

Bobbie Lynn said...

Beautiful Elizabeth. I still have not tried an all green card. Love the clusters of flowers. I also like the last card you posted also "have a wonderful day". Great layout. Have a lovely weekend.
Blessings : )