Wednesday 20 May 2015

What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday - WOYWW 311

From a state of chaos at Casa Worthington ... the resident handyman is painting and decorating our bedroom this week ... I've finally found some time to sit down and write this week's WOYWW post. Though, truthfully, there's not much to see on my desk ... in fact, it's probably a tad boring by Desking standards!
I have a couple of speedy cards to make ... speedy because I forgot there's a couple of birthday's coming up ... which explains the selection of cardstock and toppers spread over the desktop. And one of the bonuses of photographing what's on my desk is that I can now see quite clearly what does look good with that topper on the right and what doesn't! A few ink pads that weren't put away when they should have been might just be useful again so they can stay for a while longer. There's a greeting in the pack of dies that I have plans for and I've been looking through the packs of Core'dinations card for a couple of sheets suitable for embossing. Just about out of shot is my stash of dimensional foam pads ready to be used for those toppers.

And that is it for this week. Not very interesting at all - the colours are nice though :)

I'm off now to do a bit of blog hopping - looking forward to seeing what Julia and all my fellow deskers are up to this week. Much of it, I suspect, has something to do with next weeks celebration :)

Have a great week and a Happy WOYWW,

16 comments:

jill said...

I like the topper you've chosen Elizabeth. Hope the bedroom decorating doesn't take to long to finish. Happy woyww Jill #10

Anonymous said...

Hi, Elizabeth, good luck finishing up your quick cards quickly. :-) I've noticed the same thing, that sometimes photographing a project in progress and looking at it from that remove can help you make decisions. Happy WOYWW! ~ Laura #51

vic said...

Oohh love the toppers and I'm glad it's not just me that forgets birthday :)

Vic x

lisa said...

I like the colours you are using, Elizabeth. I must admit I never put my memento, archival and stazon inkpads away. They are always on the go so it's not worth it.
Hope you are getting some sunshine this week.
Hugs Lisax #48

Twiglet said...

Great colours. I hope that decorating goes well and you are soon back to normal - just decorating one room creates such a lot of work doesn't it. x Jo

sandysewin said...

Hope you get those cards done in time, they're looking good so far!

Happy creating and happy woyww,

Sandy #26

Lynsey said...

Hi Elizabeth thanks for stopping by my blog. Please feel free to scraplift my layout. Have a good week.
Hugs Lynsey x

Annie said...

I'm now home from a full on 11 hour day with the munchkins....we'e been everywhere and done everything today so I'm just a little tired lol I'm now nipping around the blogs while I can keep the eyes open.
Love the colours you're using Elizabeth...good luck with the quick cards :-)
Hugs,
Annie x #12

Helen said...

I have a long list of birthdays, and always end up rushing... I'm really going off making cards these days, lol!! Helen 7

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Oh, I've forgotten birthdays too...you'd think I'd have learned to check the calendar a little more often!! Ah well, c'est la vie :-)
Anyway, I really like the cards in progress...great pictures and smart colours too!!
Hugs, LLJ 15 xxx

Lindart said...

Thank you for your comment on my blog - however the Linksy link linked you to my last post #307, not my current post of #311. I don't know why. . .my current post is here: http://lindart.blogspot.ca/2015/05/woyww-311.html Lucky you to have a newly painted room! Mine has been the same for the last 12 yeasrs, can't see it changing anytime soon! Enjoy! Thanks for visiting! Lindart #54

April said...

Sounds like your busy with the bedroom, but glad you found time to craft.
April #69

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I meant to drop by earlier, but got distracted because I'm leaving in a few hours to take an unexpected trip. You are right about your desk being colorful this week. Lots of color, too. And a lovely stamp that at first I thought was a kokopeli!

Thanks for the earlier visit, and hugs to Bonnie, too from Bleubeard and Squiggles. Happy day after WOYWW from #1.

Carole Pollard said...

This all looks interesting great card colours enjoy your week Love and hugs Carole x

Scrapthology said...

I always photograph projects when I'm stuck, it seems to focus me on where something needs more work.

Neet said...

Hi Elizabeth

Hope things are ok with you up there in Bonny Scotland.
Love the colours you have chosen to use with your topper. What a good idea to make toppers and then select the card/background later. Must remember this.
Hugs, Neet 17 xx