Friday 27 February 2015

Friday Smile - Week 108

Morning Everyone,

I hope this finds you well and that you have had lots to smile about this week. 

It's time to join in with this week's smiles over at Annie's blog, A Stitch In Time, and this week I have this joke to share :)

Joke Of The Day
A new pastor was visiting the homes of his parishioners.

At one house it seemed obvious that someone was at home, but no answer came to his repeated knocks at the door. Therefore, he took out a card and wrote "Revelation 3:20" on the back of it and stuck it in the door.

When the offering was processed the following Sunday, he found that his card had been returned. Added to it was this cryptic message, Genesis 3:10."

Reaching for his Bible to check out the citation, he broke out in gales of laughter.
Revelation 3:20 begins "Behold, I stand at the door and knock." Genesis 3:10 reads, "I heard your voice in the garden and I was afraid, for I was naked."

*******

And finally something that made chuckle this week:


*******
Take care and stay safe,

9 comments:

Annie said...

I'm chuckling now Elizabeth....I'm not sure which hen I'm most like cos I knit a lot but haven't laid for a while now :-)
Keep warm and cosy my friend.....and keep smiling.
Hugs,
Annie x

Laura said...

Brilliant! I'm having to suppress my laughs as my Mum is asleep... I'm wondering how many of my church friends I can share the Bile verse joke with!
Happy Friday and thanks for the giggle!
Laura
x

Lynn Holland said...

What a good laugh we've had this week haha haha

Twiglet said...

Oh thank you Elizabeth - I love these! x Jo

mamapez5 said...

Elizabeth, that really made me chuckle. I shall share it with my son who is a vicar! Kate xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Your Bible quotes were too funny. Love it. It took me awhile to get the henopause, though. Loved it after I got it, though.

Sandra H said...

lol...So funny thanks Elizabeth for sharing this x

505whimsygirl said...

Haaa. Love the joke!

Poor little hen.

Hugs,
Kay

My name is Cindy said...

Made me smile!!