Wednesday 29 October 2014

WOYWW - What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday - Week 282

Good Afternoon WOYWWers, Followers and Everyone Else,

I've been so busy I nearly forgot what day it is! And that just won't do!!! What I'm talking about is the weekly mega blog hop, What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday, kindly arranged for us by our head desker, Julia, over at the Stamping Ground.

Without further delay here's what is on my desk today.
Not a lot really. With a poorly cat to care for - extra cuddling and stroking required while she has been recovering from the latest ear infection - there's been little time for crafting. Just a little set of toppers and card that came free with a magazine. I thought to use them up right away instead of just stashing in a drawer to be forgotten which is what I'd usually do ... there's a little pile of completed cards at the back, behind the scissors and punches, out and being used for this project. That roll of red stuff at the far right is sticky backed velvet paper ... out to remind to use it up too :) I have found some time to do a bit of crocheting in the evening, managing to finish the blue tea cosy you can see in the background. I liked the stitch pattern so much I've begun making a multi-coloured striped bed runner.
I did make a start using up what leftovers there was lying around but then decided I needed more colours. So here's what I brought back from a trip to town yesterday.Gorgeous colours.

I thought you might like to see the goodies bought at the Hobbycraft Fare at the SECC in Glasgow last Thursday.
Just a few fat quarters, a mix of plains and Christmas themed patterned ones. I couldn't resist the half metre of handbag patterned fabric - can think of one or two girls who would like something made from it :) The trim looked ideal for making bag straps so a few metres came home with me.
And finally, I just had to treat myself to a couple of new Lavinia Stamps.

Before I go, I'd like to apologise to those of you I didn't visit over this last week ... life just got in the way. This week promises to be easier ... even the sun is shining right now ... so I hope to do very much better!

I wish you all a great WOYWW and a good week ahead.

Happy Crafting,

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

It makes me happy to see yarn on people's desk Elizabeth, your new colours are beautiful. Of course, you have a long tradition of wool and knitwear in Scotland anyway! Sorry to hear the boss has been unwell, hope she bounces back again soon. Love the new material and stamps too, it's been a spendy week, lol!!

Hugs
Brenda 41

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Oooh, your crochet is looking good, love the stripes and that new yarn too, the colours are gorgeous! They'll make a lovely blanket..
And weren't you restrained at the SECC? I often find fairs a bit overwhelming and end up buying very little! Hope you enjoy your new stash though :-)
Hugs, LLJ 28 xx

Jenny L said...

Hi Elizabeth,
what a really great desk, and lots of super makes on it.
Great purchases from your shopping spree.
I love those super colour wools.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Julia Dunnit said...

Oh lovely yarn colours, perfect for these gloomy days. ai like the stitch too, it will make a lovely cosy bed runner. You were very restrained at the show, what a fine example!

Unknown said...

Oh that's my favorite thing to see on a desk - yarn! Your tea cozy is really adorable. Happy WOYWW! Sandy Leigh #45

Twiglet said...

Fab wool colours - you will make a gorgeous runner with all that lovliness!. x Jo

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Elizabeth, hugs to The Boss. Love the yarn colours, so cheerful. Our Hobbycrafts in the Midlands is next weekend, hoping to get along there. Love the Lavinia stamps, I shall be looking out for those two. Have a great week, Hugs, Shaz #14 xxx

Annie said...

There's something so appealing about a rainbow of gorgeous wools. 😃
Hugs,
Annie x #26

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Love the colours of yarn you are planning to use. You must spend as much time as is needed on stroking and cuddling, nothing better and when you have time, happy crafting, Angela x 34

Sue said...

Ohhhhhhh that wool is gorgeous Elizabeth lovely colours and the crocheting is fab! hope your cat gets better soon lots of huggles Sue xx

glitterandglue said...

Beautiful colours for the blanket, Elizabeth. It will look gorgeous when done. Fun tea cosy, and the stash is just great. Glad you enjoyed yourself at the show.
I gather it is properly autumnal and almost wintery up there in Scotland?
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #16

Anne said...

Elizabeth there are lots of lovely things to look at! Look forward to seeing what you make with the fabric. Hope puss is soon better. Anne x #18

Lisca said...

Oh, you came home with nice goodies! I particularly like the handbag fabric! And those Lavinia stamps are stunning!

Lisca said...

Sorry: bit missing:
Have a good week,
Thank you for letting look over your shoulder,
Lisca#67

Carole Pollard said...

This all looks so interesting especially your handbag fabric its gorgeous and I love the new stamps I wait for the fab creations Love and hugs Carole x

Christine said...

My, you have been busy, love the new colour wools you have bought.... and those stamps - that's an investment!!!!
Bishopsmate #42

Queenie Jeannie said...

Such gorgeous yarn and fabric!!! I'm sure you'll make great use out of all of it! I hope your furbaby feels better soonest!

Happy crafting!
Jeannie #27

Chrysalis said...

Hi Elizabeth - I hope the Boss get well quickly - for her sake, and so you can get back to using all those lovely new goodies you have. I love the tea cosy, and the bed runner will look lovely and cosy for winter! Hugs, Chris # 24

MagsB said...

I'm always so impressed by the people like you who join in WOYWWW. One day I'll join in, once I can actually see my Workdesk underneath all the What's On that hides it lol!

love Mags B x

Darnell said...

Such a lot to see and enjoy, Elizabeth! I loved the entire post and all the photos you shared! Lots of great new goodies for you to play with! And good job using that freebie right off instead of stashing it! That's how my NBUS Mountain came to be!! You inspire me! Happy Belated WOYWW! Enjoy the rest of the week! Hugs, Darnell #66

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

A busy post by a busy lady, Elizabeth well done on your knitting good to do we are enjoying sun ++++ and really could do with rain we are in drought here and lot of NSW we really could use rain. Some bad bushfire as very warm already. Thanks for popping over Happy WOYWW Shaz in Oz.x #25