Wednesday 22 October 2014

WOYWW - What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday - Week 281

Good Afternoon Everyone,

I know, afternoon - almost evening! The morning has been taken up clearing up outside after Hurricane Gonzalo, or what was left of him, did his worst. Glad to report the sycamore survived the blast, minus a considerable number of leaves. Other more tender plants fared less well and may take some time to recover but that's another storm over so onto what's on my desk today.
Scrap layouts from a kit I 'shopped' for in my stash ... two double page spreads and four single pages just waiting for the finishing touches. I have only to add embellishments and the journaling to a few and that will be Shimelle's Return to the Collection class completed. The plan is to write about this some time soon. The tray balanced on a couple of boxes contains all that is left of the papers, and the boxes contain bits and bobs that might be useful for embellishing. There's glue setting on the card that's out to the top left ... one of my Rudolph Day makes this month. The other bits and pieces, including the cordless glue gun, are permanent fixtures ... though there position on the desk changes depending on what's being worked on at the time.

Surprisingly brief today ... Julia will be delighted :) Not surprisingly, I'm off to do a bit of blog hopping, over at the Stamping Ground for WOYWW, and will be trying to catch up with as many desks as I can manage before close of play today. Because I won't be here tomorrow. Nope, I'm off to Glasgow in the morning. To the Hobbycraft Fair at the SECC, my annual crafting date with my daughter ... will be toting my camera so a photo post should follow.

Wishing you a happy WOYWW and a great week ahead.

12 comments:

KraftyKaren said...

Well done on completing an online class - I always start out with good intentions and then fall by the wayside - I am still working my way through Pretty Paper Party LOL - the layouts on the top look lovely

KraftyKaren #69

Annie said...

Glad you didn't have too much weather damage and the sycamore survived. Really hope you have a fab day tomorrow and you manage to grab yourself a few bargains.
Hugs,
Annie x # 31

lisa said...

Hi there Elizabeth, it's lovely to see some 12x12 scrapping. I haven't done any of that for ages. You have given me itchy fingers now!!! Love the papers you are using.
Enjoy Glasgow, I know Sheena will be there and my fellow Inkoid Diane so say hello to them for me.
Hugs Lisax #37

Chrysalis said...

Hi Elizabeth - glad you escaped the worst of the weather. The pages look great. Happy WOYWW, Chris # 3

Unknown said...

Glad you didn't get too much damage! Fun pages! Thanks for popping by and Happy WOYWW!

Anonymous said...

Happy WOYWW. Love the scrapbook pages. Great colours. Enjoy your trip to Glasgow. I used to go to the one at the NEC and it was fab - spent far too much though! Ali x #78

Carole Pollard said...

I'll look forward to these projects in future posts. Glad your beautiful garden was not too badly damaged. Enjoy the craft show with your daughter and take lots of pennies or maybe its better to take lots of £10 pound notes Love and Hugs Carole x

sandra de said...

Great LO and always good to see what others are creating. Have a great time in Glasgow.
Sandra de @16

Lunch Lady Jan said...

What beautiful colours on your LOs..so soft and pastelly, I really like them!
Hope you've had a brilliant day at the craft show - you'll have to show us what you got up to and what purchases you made. I haven't been to a show for ages...must rectify that!
Hugs, LLJ 21 xx

Lisca said...

I hope you are having a great day in Glasgow. Looking forward to the photos and seeing what you've bought.
Your scrapbook pages look lovely. I'm also in the process of using what I've got. I still buy other stuff though. But no papers as I have a cupboard full!
Sorry for being late commenting. I got as far as 68 yesterday. Today I hope to visit everybody.
Thank you for letting me have a peep of your workspace.
Have a good week
Lisca#32

Anonymous said...

Love your scrapbook pages, they are awesome!
Have a lovely time in Glasgow!
Cheers
Gabriele 33

Twiglet said...

Blogger wouldn't let me add comments for a couple of days so I am just catching up with my desk snooping! I love the LOs - I am going to have a go with pics of Ben for Maxine I think. x Jo