Monday 14 July 2014

A Trio of Heart Cards - Snippet Makes

Evening Everyone,

I hope you had a wonderful weekend and today has been just fine too. It's been raining cats and dogs here today ... which saved me the job of watering the garden and gave me the perfect excuse to spend the day crafting.  Happily, my hands and arms are feeling better so I couldn't wait to get stuck in again.
I rooted around in the card snippet drawer, got out the Cuttlebug, an X-cut Homespun heart die and a variety of embossing folders and spent a happy couple of hours die-cutting and embossing loads of hearts.
The blue one: made with some leftover aqua card embossed with a sentiment - a magazine freebie - trimmed to fit the white card base, leaving a tiny margin of white card showing. Two blue and one white heart, adhered using glue gel to create the right dimension, make the topper. A scrap of blue ribbon, knotted, and an aqua coloured dew drop are the only embellishments.
The pink one: the base is a pre-made one, already embossed all over - from a pack that's been in my stash for eons ... no idea what I was thinking of, got them home and then couldn't think what to do with them!!! Still, it's never too late and today they were rescued from the gloomy dismal depths of the NBUS (Never Been Used Stuff) drawer. The top is made up of three pink hearts, one butterfly punched from a tiny scrap of silver card and some pink and white gems.
The purple one: made in the same way as the pink but with just a few iridescent gems for embellishments.

I got a bit carried away with cutting out the hearts from the card scraps and now have a wee box full - more stash to use up!

It's late but before I take myself off to bed I'm popping over to Pixie's Snippets Playground - Week 133 to link up all these snippet makes. I plan to pop in again tomorrow to see what the Di and my fellow snippeteers have been up to lately.

Happy Crafting,

7 comments:

Marie-Louise said...

Elizabeth these are marvellous. Such a great idea for using up bits and pieces and then having such useful cards. I am going to make up some of these for little notes etc. hope you both are keeping well.

Bonnie said...

Pretty, pretty hearts, Elizabeth!

scrappymo! said...

A very pretty trio! Glad to hear you had a bit of rain...it saves so much work watering. We are praying for water as everything is calling out for a srink...both here ad at the lake.
I have sprinklers on timers at each place but they do not reach everything so there is always a bunch of hand watering. We are gradually removing those flower beds so as to try and save time!

Pretty cards, Elizabeth!

Bobbie Lynn said...

What sweet cards. Those can be used for anytime of the year. Thanks for sharing.
Blessings and have a wonderful week.

Sarn said...

Wow - who's in the mood for love then? Is it February already!? LOL!

Seriously, these are great snippet busting cards Elizabeth and I love all the different embossing.

xxx

Sandra H said...

Fabulous cards Elizabeth just right for Di's snippet challenge x

Di said...

Great cards Elizabeth! LOVE the heart designs and what a fabulous way to use up snippets.

Hugs, Di xx