Wednesday 18 June 2014

WOYWW 263 - escaping the sun ...

... boy, is it hot, hot, hot out there!

We are enjoying temperatures of 81°F (over 27°C) here ... unbelievably hot! So I've come in to the craft room to avoid heatstroke :)

After the scare she gave us, I'm delighted to see Julia back with WOYWW again - that's What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday of course. Welcome back Julia ... great to see your desk again :)
And for the What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday record this is my desk today. It hasn't altered much since the weekend when I started to put this scrap layout together ... a case of too many distractions preventing completion. As you can see the page in process is for a large photo ... not the easiest photo size to scrap but I think the page is beginning to look okay. To the right are the leftover bits of patterned paper and the alphas which, along with the ink pad and glue tape, were used on the layout. I have several more of those over-sized photos to scrap - that's the pile to the left under the water colour pad - which I intend to work on over the next few weeks, because if they don't get scrapped now, I fear they never will!
That water colour pad is a very recent acquisition ... as recent as yesterday. An appointment at the dentist (hygienist) yesterday enabled a visit to my local craft shop which is just around the corner ... my reward to myself :) The basket pictured holds some of the watercolour stuff for the water colour class I've been working on recently. Although, sadly, that's stalled too ... the sunshine is to blame :)
I can't go before showing you a close up of the gorgeous card and WOYWW5 ATC just received this morning ... it's from Anne at Copper Beech Crafts. Those flowers are just so pretty and I love the inky spattered background. Oh, and the ATC is delightfully scented ... the base was made using the shaving foam technique. Thank you Anne, both pieces are lovely.

Now I'm off to catch up with what fellow deskers are doing and leave as many comments as I can.

I hope you are having a wonderful Wednesday - have a great week too.

Happy Crafting,

19 comments:

Unknown said...

I would love some temps like yours! We're in the high 90's (southwest AZ in the U.S.). I see some H2O's in your basket. I have a bunch but, since they're stored, I keep forgetting about them. And the card and ATC are beautiful! Happy WOYWW!
Carol N #59

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Good grief, 27 degrees!! That doesn't happen often in your neck of the woods....think I'd be inside as well, I don't do heat :-)
Anne is so self deprecating yet her work is gorgeous, that card is lovely!
Hugs, LLJ 29 xx

Annie said...

Isn't it lovely to be saying hot hot hot? :-) and rare too eh?
I'm lucky that my sewing room is usually cool in the summer and warm in the winter....cos I've been head down sewing like crazy :-)
Hugs,
Annie x #28

Kim said...

So with you on the heat! And the humidity...Ugh! Have fun with the watercolors and that is a beautiful card & ATC! Have a great week.

Bobbie Lynn said...

Hi Elizabeth,
Thank you for your comment. What a pretty card. Watercoloring is big right now in card making. Good luck on your photo layout. That is one area I am so behind. I need to start looking at my photos and pick an event out and scrap. Have a lovely day.
Blessings,
Bobbie Lynn
PS. I think the link on my post may be working now. I think I may have missed a letter or two. : )

Robyn said...

Beautiful ATC and fun layout.
Thanks for the visit.
Robyn 32

Monica said...

yes it hard to break from a creative craft and get going again. I too leave everything out. I have reached the age if it is out of sight it is gone from the mind.
Here is Texas, well the Texas hill Country we are having a cool day 84. we keep hoping for rain but the clouds just tease.
monica 57

fairy thoughts said...

Hi Elizabeth
I think you need a treat after going to the dentist, maybe I should call it a reward.
janet #17

Anne said...

hello Elizabeth and thank you for the kind comments re the AtC and card. Jan was very kind but I did see a similar card elsewhere and used the idea so not all my own work :-) ATC was though. The spattered effect is from stamps in same set as the lines stamp ( have emailed you :-) ) Happy WOYWW Anne x #37

Darnell said...

That's a really lovely card and ATC from Anne! And that's a really lovely foursome in your photos! Reminds me of the Mister and me! No longer in our chips, but still young at heart and in love! You're making a great layout with the photo, Elizabeth! Happy WOYWW and have a wonderful week! I hope it cools off a bit! Hugs, Darnell #14

Unknown said...

I agree, the larger sized photos are a challenge to scrap. You did a great job! That is a beautiful card and ATC! I look forward to seeing your watercolor painting. Diane #40

Helen said...

I just saw on the tv how warm it had been in your part of the country yesterday - we were quite chilly! love your basket of goodies, have fun playing with them! Helen 11

Caro said...

Fabulous photo and LO. They both look wonderful. I also love the ATC from Anne. Thanks for sharing. Happy belated WOYWW. Caro x (#41)

Sharon Madson said...

You are doing a good job on your Summertime LO. I need to get started scrapping again! I have been looking for the H20s and can't find them. Glad you got some. Happy WOYWW (late) :) #82

pearshapedcrafting said...

I've noticed how hot you have been having it in Scotland! Hope it doesn't travel down the country! Love that you rewarded yourself after your visit to the dentist!! Love H2os! Chris47

Sue said...

We have had some lovely weather too the passed couple of days Elizabeth its nice to see it LOL lovely card :) huggles Sue xxx

Carole Pollard said...

Hi Elizabeth just back from holiday and catching up on comments your projects while I've been away are gorgeous loving this post Love and Happy Crafting Hugs Carole x

Twiglet said...

Hi Elizabeth. I just had an awful feeling that I never thanked you for my fab ATC - what a clever design - I love it! Yes we have lovely weather here at the moment too - make the best of it ! x Jo

scrappymo! said...

Your roses are stunning. You have so many if the old fashioned types...But with a modern twist!