Saturday 21 June 2014

Roses, Roses, Roses

Hi Folks,

Hope this finds you well and enjoying the weekend. We're going through a busy phase at the moment, visits to the dentist, the vet, open gardens, friends and family! No time in the craft room ... well, I did alter some trousers, for a friend who has lost so much weight nothing fits anymore, but that's all!

Even time in the garden has been limited but I thought you might like to see all the roses that have suddenly burst into bloom since I posted the first one last week ... what a difference a few days can make :) Warning! This is going to be a photo heavy post.

The first three are from the rose bed in the back garden.
This is Patricia Kent, a scented shrub rose that is modern but looks nicely old-fashioned.
Simply the Best ... planted in the EM's honour because he is :) It's a hybrid tea, scented too and apparently makes long-lasting cut flowers.
L'Aiment, again! Described as a floribunda with old-fashioned charm, it is wonderfully fragrant of course - just like the perfume that shares it's name.

This next one is the first rose I planted in the long border, also in the back garden.
Carefree Days is a lightly scented patio rose. I've planted it near the Sambucus Black Beauty - a particularly gorgeous black elder that is a gift from friends - where it looks perfect.

We don't know the names of the roses that follow ... if you can put a name to any of them I'd be most grateful.

This beauty is a climber that was already growing in the garden when we moved in. The flower head is big and it has a lovely perfume.

The following are all growing in the front garden - every label blew away during the storms earlier this year.
This one in a delicate pink shade has a lovely old fashioned look about it and a beautiful perfume.
This photo really doesn't do this rose justice! The petals are dark red and velvety looking and, of course, with a heavenly scent ... we haven't planted a single rose that isn't scented!
And, finally, the EM's favourite - absolutely stunning!

And there we have it! A lovely bunch of roses for you ... hope you enjoyed them as much as we do :)


I'm going to link up with Annie's Friday Smile - Week 74 - too, hoping to 'make the world a happier place' with roses :)

Wishing you all a happy weekend.

11 comments:

Jackie said...

Good morning Elizabeth, what beautiful roses, lovey to know they are scented too. So many of the new varieties of many flowers are bred for looks and no scent nowadys :o)
Jackie xx

Annie said...

Those are truly stunning Elizabeth.....the last one has to be my fav :-) I can just imagine the scent in your garden :-) we have a really old rose on the side of the garage here that I'm thrilled to say I've managed to get 4 cuttings growing to rake with us because it has the most amazing scent :-)
Hugs,
Annie x

Carole Pollard said...

We all have those weeks don't we I'm still catching up from my holidays .Thanks for sharing these wonderful photos they reminded me so much of my late father who was a passionate gardener and had roses galore Love and Happy Crafting Hugs Carole x

tilly said...

what stunning roses, bet the perfume is magic
Tilly

Rita said...

Beautiful roses Elizabeth. I love that you know all the names. I'm just going to my craft room now as it's so hot outside and I think I have washed everything in the house. Hugs Rita xxx

Bobbie Lynn said...

Hello Elizabeth,
You have a beautiful collection of roses. Thanks for sharing some photos. Roses make any day just a bit brighter. : )
Blessings,
Bobbie Lynn

Sandra H said...

Elizabeth your roses are stunning and l bet they smell gorgeous too! l have a white and red one that flowered a couple of days ago and the fragrance from them is beautiful thank you for sharing yours x

Twiglet said...

Lovely photos and I am sure I can smell those roses!! x Jo

Eliza said...

Such beautiful roses I think the 6th one down is a David Austin rose called 'Heritage' and the last one with the stripes is called Candy Stripe. I had both of these in my garden at one stage and tried to transplant them to the front garden unsuccessfully. Thanks for sharing I love roses beyond any other flower after all it is my mothers Maiden name Rose.

Hugs Eliza

Astri said...

I loves me some good roses. ;-) Thank you Elizabeth!

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

WOWWWW! Elizabeth thanks for making my day by sharing your blooms, really worth a smile :D Shaz in oz.x