Saturday 28 June 2014

Live Every Moment - Card from Water Colour Class

Evening Everyone,

I hope this finds you well and enjoying the weekend.

I'm still here! A full week since I last posted ... where does the time go? The EM is still suffering with sciatica,  very frustrating for him as he is able to do a lot less than usual - and he's not a man to sit around doing nothing. The antibiotics have done the trick for Bonnie, The Boss,  and she seems to have recovered well from that nasty ear infection. And, me? I'm just so busy I don't seem to be able to find a great deal of time to do any crafting ... even for the water colouring class. Fortunately, I can pick it up later when things have settled down again.

Talking of the water colouring, this is the last piece I managed to do a couple of weeks ago. The colours are much bolder than previous samples due to using Ranger's distress inks instead of the water colour paints, Picked Raspberry, Mustard Seed and Peacock Feathers. The effect is created by squishing ink on a stamp block, spritzing with water, then 'stamping' on to water colour card.


It's a very simple card. Once the ink was dry I stamped the sentiment (IndigoBlu) on to it and then matted it on to black cardstock (Papermill Direct). This was then mounted, using dimensional adhesive, on to a card base made from the same black cardstock. Amber gems from stash decorate the card.

And that is that - I said it was easy - and apart from the drying time, quick too.

Must go ... I have a cup of tea going cold. Hope to be back again soon ... that is, sooner than a week next time.

Take care and happy crafting,

5 comments:

Jules said...

Hi Elizabeth

Loving your watercolour card.

I have been playing with water soluble wax crayons on an acrylic block - but the results of your creativity looks much better than anything I have come up with.

I think I am being too delicate with the colours I choose.

The sentiment you have used is brilliant too .. .. love that .. .. very true .. .. though it sounds like your hubby doesn't have much to laugh about at the moment. I hope he feels much better soon.

Sorry for being a bit of a stranger. Not enough hours in my day at the mo!

Hope you are having a good weekend and get to settle into your classes again soon.

Love Jules xx

Carole Pollard said...

Gorgeous love this design and such a great sentiment love Carole x

Craftychris said...

Fabulous! Love the technique and the colours are awesome! Sorry the EM is not so good but glad 'the boss' is recovering! xx

Jackie said...

A brilliant card Elizabeth, love the vibrant colours :o)
Jackie xx

Sandra H said...

Lovely card Elizabeth and the colours are gorgeous plus the sentiment is soooo right xx