Saturday 14 September 2013

Hugs SWALK ... plus some news from Casa Worthington

Afternoon Everyone,

I hope your Saturday has been a good one so far. We are enjoying some autumn sunshine here - very nice.

I've been super busy so I've only a quick and simple card to share with you.
Once again, the materials for this card came from that pile of stash to use up that's lying on the corner of my desk.  The little lady hugging her kitten was stamped some time last year, or maybe it was the year before, so no chance of me remembering which ProMarkers I used to colour her in. Similarly, the papers were printed off from the SWALK CD all that time ago, and then forgotten, sigh!

I think, I hope, I've redeemed myself by finally making a card with a little help from my Cuttlebug, a circle die to cut out the topper and a new set of flower dies from Marianne, tiny but cute. I've added a touch of Glossy Accents to the eyes of both her and the kitten, and just a touch to the kitten's nose ... I think you can spot the gloss in the photo.

Materials:
  • square white fancy-edged card base
  • papers printed from SWALK Papercrafting CD
  • Hugs stamp from the SWALK Stamp Collection stamped on to smooth white card and coloured with ProMarkers
  • Docraft's CartUs Circles die and Marianne Collectables Flower die set
  • lilac/white Baker's twine
  • Glossy accents on eyes and kitten's nose
  • gems for embellishment

Now for the news mentioned in the title. It's simply that we are moving house. And, as this might cause some disruption to normal service, I thought it best to let you know. 

We had intended to stay in this house forever but the garden has proved our undoing. We love our garden but it's steep and there is a flight of steps to negotiate just to get to the bins - not good for two arthritics like ourselves. It's taken a year of searching for somewhere more suitable, somewhere with the garden on one level, but happily we've found just the place. It's a red-brick semi with a decent sized sized garden with no steps to climb. It needs some work done to it, the central heating has to be replaced, a new kitchen, the bathroom converted to a shower-room, and new floors throughout, etc., etc., but it should be ready to move into by mid-November. 

We started packing just this week and already I'm beginning to panic! What to throw out, what to keep back 'til the last minute, and where to put all the boxes ... I hate moving house!!! 
On the plus side, it's exciting planning the decor, looking at wallpapers and paint colours. I'm not sure if it is the crafting industry that is dictating what is trendy or what, but look as these wallpaper samples I picked up from our local DIY shop ... postcards, newsprint, and birds and blossoms.  Even if they never go up on a wall, they will certainly find a place in my crafting stash :))

Right, it's time for a break, dinner and a nice cup of tea. 

Take care everyone and happy crafting,

8 comments:

Rita said...

Beautiful card Elizabeth. I'm so glad you have found somewhere you love and I know how much your garden means to you. Lovely news. Hugs Rita xxx

Craftychris said...

Gorgeous card! Love the colour scheme and the little flowers are so pretty! Congratulations on finding a new house, I hope the move is not too stressful! It will be worth it though! xx

scrappymo! said...

Congratulations on finding a new house! It sounds like what I am hoping for. Our garden is a bit unmanagable too!

I'm so happy that you found just what fits your needs for the future and what a wise idea to put in a shower room.

Hope you will post some pictures of the remodel...they are always fun to follow!

Your card is a sweetie. Sweet image and love how the flowers tie in with the DP...custom flowers!

Darnell said...

Adorable card, Elizabeth! Thanks for telling us your exciting news! I'm delighted for you (even though it's a pain in the patootie) to find a place where you can still enjoy a garden! My advice, be brutal with your purging! Fortunately, you've got a bit of time so you won't just be madly tossing things in boxes. Enjoy the positive side of all that NEWness!! Hugs, Darnell (Oh, please PM me your new address sometime! Thank you!)

Jackie said...

Such a sweet card, and very pretty.
Good luck with your house move and your new flat garden :o)
Jackie xx

Di said...

Aw, so cute! I think the colours are lovely together.

Try to think beyond all the packing etc. - it's gonna be soooo worth it. And remember to send me your new address too please :)

Don't overdo things!

Hugs, Di xx

MaryH said...

OKAY! I found your news! I don't envy you the packing up, but think about the lovely new home you are going to have the fun of creating. I hear you about "we thought this would be the last move". We're sort of at the same place...we have stairs to come to our main floor. Aging issues will one day say we must lose the stairs. It's nice to have our basement area, but not so great lugging grocery bags up to the kitchen. You'll get moved, you'll love your new 'flat' space, and we'll enjoy hearing about your decorating, seeing pictures maybe. Chin up, TFS & many hugs.

BJ said...

Thanks for letting me know Elizabeth, you'll have to send you new address to be soon then. BJ