Friday 17 May 2013

Blooming Wonderful ... Less Is More

Hello Everyone,

Well, I did it! I made a one layer card using a coloured card blank for the LIM Week 119 challenge at last. If you read my earlier post you will know that my first attempt met with disaster. Here's my second attempt.

The idea is the same - a stamped and embossed flower panel, flowers coloured with ProMarker, but this time it's on pink sorbet coloured card and instead of just embossing with powder, I've used gilding flakes too.

 A close up of the gilding shows just how pretty it is - the iridescent gems stones are pretty too.

This particular cardstock is quite absorbent so it was possible to stamp inside using VersaMark to get a watermark effect rather than use a coloured ink pad.

Materials used:
For the base - Papermill Direct smooth card, Pink Sorbet
Stamps - Dawn Bibby Designs Flower & Leaf set
For the stamping - VersaMark, Rangers Sticky embossing powder and Frosted Leaves gilding flakes
For the colouring - ProMarker, Baby Pink
Tools - Hougie Board, and some Post-Its to create the panel
Embellishments - iridescent gems from stash

It's been a glorious day here so we finally managed to top up our vitamin E reserves by spending an hour or so out in the garden. And whilst out there we took the opportunity to remove a few of these:


Shame ... they are lovely ... but, as they are a plant growing in the wrong place, they are by definition a weed and therefore just had to go!

And then I stopped to admire this:

My one and only auricular plant - gorgeous!

And then there's this:

The wallflower border. I wish this was smelly blogavision - the perfume from these is heavenly. So much so I just had to do this:

The lounge now smells heavenly too :))

This beautiful day would appear to be a blip ... the forecast is for worse to come over the next few days. Is it to be ever thus?

Hope you all had an equally wonderful day wherever you are.

Take care and happy crafting,

10 comments:

Chrissie said...

This is really pretty Elizabeth, I love the effect of the gilding flakes!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Craftychris said...

This card is gorgeous, the guilding flakes are so effective! Your photo's are lovely too xx

Krisha said...

Stunning card Elizabeth, don't you just love it when a plan comes together!! I did like your first card too even if it had more than one layer.

MaryH said...

VERY sparkly & pretty. Love the addition of your gilded flakes here too. Lovely card, and enjoyed your flower post as well. We have those dratted dandelions too. Need to get some pulled from the flower beds. One of these days. TFS

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

ooo just luffly all around :D Shaz.xx

Jackie said...

Well this one certainly isn't a disaster, in fact its very pretty. Love your photographs, even the dandelion. I once made a card with a pic I had taken of a dandelion and converted it to grey scale. Everyone thought it was a Chrysanthemum :o)
Jackie xx

Di said...

Hi Elizabeth!

I've just been to check my settings as I seem to have missed a few posts lately. How odd, they seem just fine!

My Mum adored wallflowers and I've followed suit! :)

Love your LIM card too.

Hugs, Di xx

Cathy said...

Striking card Elizabeth, love the glittery effect. Cathy x

Sandra H said...

Your card Elizabeth is remarkable l just love your take on lim! beautiful flowers too x

MaggieC (Silvercrafter) said...

I know what you mean about dandelions. They grow well on the central reservations on the local dual carriageways, and look so sunny and beautiful for about a week. In our gardens, it is different as they are such thugs. Some of our local lanes are now prettier that they have been for years, now that the councils have no money to use weed killer. The wild flowers are staging a come back and look so glorious against the backdrop of the fruit trees in full blossom in the Vale of Evesham. I love the way you have used those gilding flakes, really beautiful. Thank you for your visits and your kind words. xx Maggie