Tuesday 19 February 2013

Thinking of You Card

Hi Everyone,

At last, I think I can say that this busy period I've been going through is over for me ... well, all but a visit to the dentist later this week ... and I'll be able to settle down to a bit of serious crafting time again :)

However, I do have a card to share with you. It was made for a friend whose husband, sadly, died recently.


Never the easiest of cards to make, I kept it simple. And, in fact, the design of this card is a variation on one I made a couple of years ago - I like the clean look of it. I also find grey softer and less stark than black.

Materials used:
a white card base
a piece of white card embossed with the Tied Together folder (a much appreciated gift from a crafting buddy)
a piece of grey card for matting
grey ribbon
Hero Arts Classic Messages 'thinking of you' stamp
Memento grey ink pad, London Fog

I'm happy to report that Bonnie seems much improved - she hasn't been sick since the vet injected her on Friday. I don't mind telling you now that I was very worried for her. She is, at fourteen, a little old lady and I'd steeled myself to be told the worst so what a relief to find that what ailed her was treatable.

The EM is well again too and very much back to his normal vibrant self ... he even went to his keep fit class this morning :)

As it was a bright and sunny day, we drove over to visit my mother's memorial garden this afternoon.  It was lovely to see the pot of tiny Tete-a-Tete daffodils we put there at our last visit in full bloom.

And for those of you who follow Arihanna's progress, she is, at 14 months, walking. The last time we visited she was staggering around by hanging on to the furniture but hadn't plucked up the courage to let go - yesterday, she did. There will be no stopping her now :))

It's late, time to call it a day.

Take care everyone, and happy crafting,

12 comments:

scrappymo! said...

This is a lovely card for a sad occasion...I agree with you that the grey is a much nicer look than black...although I did not realize this until I saw your card!

Jackie said...

A beautiful card, very tasteful for the occasion...
Jackie xx

Di said...

A lovely card Elizabeth - and am so pleased that things are looking brighter all round :) Hugs, Di xx

Rita said...

Good Morning Elizabeth. I love the simplicity of your card as it certainly is not the easiest of cards to make. Enjoy your free time in the craft room. I'm off for a chest x-ray this morning after 10 weeks of coughing. Enjoy your day. Hugs Rita xx

akilli melek said...

lovely card elizabeth, I always struggle with these types of card. DH home for week so no crafting just now, but getting back into the swing of things.
c

Sandra H said...

No your right Elizabeth not the easiest cards to make but you have done a lovely here ...good luck at the Dentist xx

Marie-Louise said...

This is lovely Elizabeth - very Elegant and totally appropriate.

May said...

Beautiful card Elizabeth, very elegant love the idea of grey ribbon rather than black..Thanks for that tip..

I am so glad wee Bonnie is doing much better.. Bless her.. It's horrid to feel sick it must be the same for her.. so glad the injection is working fingers crossed long may that last... Hugs May x x x

Alison Scott said...

Great job with a difficult card to make.
So pleased Bonnie is feeling better, and the other half.
Keep your trainers handy when Arihanna comes visiting- now she's off you better be ready to run.

MaryH said...

I like this card. Very simple, but very elegant. The colors are much softer than a black color combo would be, and I especially like the emboss folder you used to dress up the top portion. Very lovely, and I'm sure your friend will be comforted when she looks at it, knows you were thinking of her. TFS

Craftychris said...

I love the simplicity of this - so elegant and perfect for such a sad occasion. Its so nice to hear all your happy news! Its made my day! xx

BJ said...

Beautiful card Elizabeth, white embossing and a touch of colour is just right for the sentiment, must make up a few of these. BJ