Friday 4 January 2013

Hope that you ... feel better soon.

Evening Everyone,

Another quick share for you today and it's a get well card made especially for the wife of one of the EM's nephews who has been poorly for a while with pneumonia - over Christmas too! She's on the mend now but I thought a little card would cheer her up a bit.


The base is made from a scrap of textured cardstock and the paper came from the snippet drawer.

I used my Cuttlebug and a Spellbinder die to cut the topper from an old card I received several years ago when I was ill - I can never throw pretty cards away. 


The butterflies were punched from a scrap of cream watercolour paper, inked with a blush of Spun Sugar and decorated with some gold Liquid Pearl. The card candy came free with a magazine.

Materials: Papermania textured pink card for base; Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels Twenty-Five for the die-cut topper; Tim Holtz DI Spun Sugar; tiny butterflies punched from cream watercolour card; snippet of polka dotted paper from Daisy Bucket Designs Playful Petals; Gold Liquid Pearls; heart patterned Card Candi

And that is it! I said it was going to be a quick share. As 99% of the materials came from the snippet mountain, I'm submitting this card to Pixie's Crafty Snippets - Week 53 for Di's eagle-eyed perusal :)

I'm off to watch a movie on the TV with the EM. I won't be idle though, I'm in the middle of another crochet project - another scarf - which I hope to finish pretty soon.

I hope you are all well and looking forward to a lovely weekend.

4 comments:

Sandra H said...

What a lovely thought Elizabeth and your card is gorgeous l too don't like throwing cards out and it's great that they can be recyled your friend will soon cheer up once she receives this and hopefully as you say she is getting better it will help to speed her recovery xx

Di said...

Brilliant recycling Elizabeth - with a super result. Hope the card does the trick! Hugs, Di xx

Sarn said...

It's definitely going to cheer her up. It's a lovely card.

Happy New Year to you.

Hugs
Sarn xxx

Julia Dunnit said...

Its lovely, very cheering E. Fancy that, pneumonia is vile, poor girl, very glad to hear that she's mending now.