Saturday 30 June 2012

Rudolph Day Challenge Cards

Hi Everyone,

I've just been watching a lone corbie - raven in English - tucking into the fat balls the EM has put out for the birds ... quite a rare sight in our garden and I'm wondering if it's a youngster whose just found a easy food source!

It's raining and the evening sun is shining ... at the same time! Everything in the garden is lush and there is definitely no need for the watering-can :)

If you read yesterday's post you will know that I boobed when making a card for Sandra's Rudolph Day June Challenge. I didn't read her post first, assumed one card would suffice and, of course, I was wrong :( The requirement this month is to make SIX cards!

After seeing the ONE card I did make, Sandra suggested that, if I still felt inclined to enter, I make another FIVE simpler cards ... simple cards, Moi! ... a challenge, but I've risen to it :)


Actually, I made SIX ... well, why not?

Kraft and white ... any time I spot this colour combination on a blog I always stop to admire! So I decided this time that I'd make a few cards using this combo.

There's not much to the cards ... a base of the kraft cardstock, stamped with polka dots ... another favourite ... and embossed with white powder.

The topper is made by stamping and embossing the greeting on to the kraft card then punching it out with my recently acquired Stampin' Up oval punch. It is then matted on to a white scalloped oval ... also a SU punch but I've had this one a long time now. The topper is adhered with tiny dimensional foam squares.

The final touch is the white satin ribbon tied, raided from my stash so it isn't all the same ribbon, around the top of the tent-shaped cards.

Voila! SIX very handy little cards to add to my Christmas Card drawer.

Materials used: SU Crumb Cake cardstock - I think this may have been renamed now; Neenah Solar smooth white card; VersaMark ink; Seafoam White embossing powder; SU Dot,Dot,Dot stamp & Seasonal Greetings stamp from Anita's Magical Christmas set; SU oval-shaped punches; narrow white satin ribbon.

Unfortunately, my feet are giving me gyp at the moment so I'm not getting around much and spending an inordinate amount of (wasted) time with my feet up ... sounds rather grand but it is only temporary, as soon as I'm able I'll be up and about again and perhaps get a bit more crafting done. 

In the meantime, I'm catching up on my reading, just finished a gripping whodunnit set in the Cotswolds, not all that far from where we holidayed, and watching a bit more TV than usual ... tonight I'm planning to watch Forrest Gump ... again :)

I hope you are all well and looking forward to the summer ... here in Scotland school's out already ... here's hoping the weather cheers up a bit so the kids can get out to play!

Right. Off to get these perishing feet up again.

Crafty hugs to you all,





10 comments:

Rita said...

Hello Elizabeth, Reading your post reminded me of a school poem called 'The Twa' Corbies'. Your cards look so elegant. I do hope your feet get better soon, as there is nothing worse. I'm watching Wimbledon at the moment. Hugs Rita xx

Sarn said...

Woot woot! Way to go Elizabeth . . . these are totally adorable. Loving the white polka dots etc on the Kraft card. You're right, it's terrific combination and very striking.

So that means you actually made SEVEN Rudolph Day cards then! Well done!

Thanks for joining in. Good luck in the draw.

Hugs, Sarn xxxx

M said...

Ooh I love these - lovely simple designs and that striking colour combo works so well! M x

Di said...

Fabulous cards Elizabeth - love the clean and crisp look, great for speed :) Di xx

Hettie said...

Lovely cards there Elizabeth. Well done on completing six more for your collection!
Fancy sharing the box of chocolates on the swings tomorrow? See ya there, though I suggest we bring some towels to dry the seats.

scrappymo! said...

This is a very effective combo...looks great!

Jackie said...

An excellent set of Christmas cards Elizabeth :o)
Jackie xx

Angie said...

I love watching ravens ...I never realized just how many there were in Scotland ...and that they parade along the beach too.
Love the cards ...everytime I see your cards I get a glimmer of mojo ...then it goes out ...but atleast i know its lurking.lol.

Craftychris said...

I love your cards, the colour combo of kraft and white is fabulous. xx

Kathleen said...

Well done on the draw Elizabeth, love the cards, the white dots look great on the kraft paper and love the bows.

Kath x