Thursday 17 November 2011

Christmas Alphabet - U for Urchin

Evening folks,

This is coming to you from a wet and windy corner of Scotland - there's definitely a storm brewing - but I'm happily ensconced in my craft space crafting away and bringing you the next in the Alphabet series.


As soon as I saw this digital stamp on the Scrapbook Sisters site I just had to have it. The little boy reminded me of a Dickensian urchin - possibly one of Fagin's pickpockets :)  I printed him out on a scrap of cream watercolour paper, which at 190gsm is about as much as my printer will take, and coloured him with distress inks in muted vintage shades, but added a flash of red to the bow-tie and flower. The edges are inked too and a touch of glitter was added for a wintry touch. All the card and paper used came off the snippet pile - I'd like to say that this pile is fast disappearing, but it's not - can't understand it but, like Topsy, it's just growed!


The holly sprays were made using an X-cut punch.


I've used the other side of the Bo Bunny design paper I used on the Holly Jolly Christmas Card a month ago  - here's the link if you would like to see it - I managed to pick up a couple of sheets from a craft shop but I see it's available as a pack and all the designs are gorgeous.

Materials List:
  • Cardstock: Papermania Textured Card in green (base, greeting mat & punched holly leaves) and grey (mat); Reeves cream water-colour card, 190gsm
  • Design Paper: Bo Bunny Noel/Rejoice
  • Digital Stamps: Scrapbook Sisters Boy Digi Stamp 092655-GB; Sentiments 4 You Circular Merry Xmas Greeting
  • Inks: Tim Holtz, Vintage Photo, Pumice Stone, Black Soot, Fired Brick
  • Tools: X-cut Embossing Silhouette Punch - Holly Sprays; Stampin' Up circle punches, 1" & 1.25"
  • Sundries: Very Fine white iridescent glitter; red doodles dewdrops
Having used all those bits and pieces to make this card I'm submitting it to Jules Crafty Snippet Challenge - Week 45 for her crafty inspection :)

I'll be back later with a post on the next in the series - the letter V. Now, it's time to think of dinner.

See you later,

5 comments:

Doreen said...

A beautiful card,love the image.xxx

Marie-Louise said...

Fantastic image - as you say very Dickensian - brilliant.

Jules said...

Hi Elizabeth

What a brilliant image for your letter "U" .. .. I would never have thought of an Urchin.

My brain would have gone "underneath the mistletoe"!!!

Great use of your snippets again resulting in a great Christmas card.

Thank you for sharing again in the snippet playground this week.

Love Jules xx

coops said...

gorgeous card elizabeth,the vintage image is stunning ;D

xx coops xx

Sarn said...

A nice vintage feel to this card! x