Sunday 13 November 2011

Christmas Alphabet - S for Silhouette

Evening All,

Had a bit of a disaster - my keyboard decided it was too old for this game anymore and refused to key letters i and k :( So the EM and I made an emergency dash to Tesco's to buy a new one ... I was amazed to find how inexpensive keyboards are now and picked a Logitech up for under a tenner! I'm now trying to accustom myself to a slightly different shaped keyboard with a different feel to it, but I'm getting there.


This is one of the cards made on Monday at the card class ... I really like this stamp. All materials are from Stampin' Up, so an old olive base has been stamped with snowflakes in several different sizes in old olive ink.


We made a matching envelope with the same stamps and ink pad.


The insert was stamped similarly and a greeting stamped in the centre. The very pretty edge punch was provided by the SU demonstrator, Evelyn. One to go on the wish list :)

I did make friends with my sewing machine and have got one hem of my jeans stitched ... but that's it - too many interruptions have prevented me getting much further forward. Visited my daughter in her new house - she only moved in yesterday and, fortunately, got a good dry day for it.  She has a lot to do but it will be lovely when the everything is unpacked and they are all settled in.  And, of course, I had to watch Barbara Gray's demos on TV - didn't catch all of them but enjoyed what I did see.  Yes, too many distractions altogether but it's been a good, if unproductive, day.

I hope it's been a good day for you all too - and maybe a tad more productive than mine :)

Happy Crafting

3 comments:

Dolly Daydreams said...

I love this card and the beautifully contrasting colours, great retro piece and I do love silhouettes. Gorgeousness abounds ponce again inside and out !


Marie

Di said...

Love the olive and red combo - and as always, the finishing touches make your cards so special. Di xx

coops said...

stunning card elizabeth.i love the silhouette image and fab elegant design :D

xx coops xx