Monday 11 July 2011

Scrapbooking Barmouth Bay + Stinkin' Cute Blog Award received.

Good Afternoon,

Just checking in because it's a wee while since I posted anything. I hope you are all enjoying the same glorious weather as we are here in Ayr. I finally managed to complete this layout after much humming and hawing over it.


Sorry about the glare from the flash but, after several attempts, this was the best I could do. Maybe I should have taken it out into the garden to photograph. I used dimensional paste (Crafty Notions) for the first time on this - for the sun I mixed in some gold mica powder but the seagulls are made from the paste just as it comes out of the jar.


The base is a cream coloured Bazzil cardstock, the edges distressed with Tim Holtz Stormy Sky DI. The compass is another first - a TH mini mask sponged with the Stormy Sky, but the sea shells are from an ancient (1991!) metal stencil from Laura Ashley , originally used to add a border on the wall of a long forgotten bathroom. The seagulls and starfish are from another, not quite so ancient, scrapbooking stencil and the 'Happiness' & 'Memories' (hidden by the feathers now) stamps are from the Papermania Boutique set.  The papers, shaped using Kiwi Lane templates, also come from various sources. The seashell border and the paper used for the starfish 'flowers' are from the Vintage Sea Paper Kit which I found free on the Far Far Hill blog and the squared paper with the seagull is actually a paper napkin!


The shells, feathers and sea glass were picked up on a beach walk - the glass has been smothered in a layer of Anita's 3-D Clear Gloss. The title letters are from my stash - source also long forgotten.




I am truly delighted and honoured to receive this award from Alice, aka CraftyAlice. I had the pleasure of meeting Alice and her pal, CraftyWhippet, at the craft show at the SECC Glasgow in spring. They are a real bubbly twosome and we had a lovely chat about all things crafty. I found the following over on Alice's blog:

Family isn't always blood.
It's the people in your life who want you in theirs,
the ones who accept you for who you are.
The ones who would do anything to see you smile,
and who love you no matter what.

I'm sure she won't mind me passing it on to you all - I think most of us would agree with the sentiment.

Apparently there are no rules attached to this award although I can pass it on to anyone I'd like to  - well, I think you all deserve it, all your blogs are stinkin' cute, so please feel free to take it if you want.

It's dinner time chez Worthington so I'm off, but I'll be back again.

Happy Crafting,


4 comments:

CraftygasheadZo said...

What a great page, Elizabeth. Love how you've included different textures and looks to it. Yes is's beautiful down here in Somerset too. Take care Zo x

sparklingblackrose said...

This is gorgeous Elizabeth-I love it :-) Thank you for your lovely comments and for supporting my blog-I really appreciate it :-) Elaine-xxx-

Electra said...

This is a wonderful LO, so many sweet details! It's hard to get good pictures of LO's sometimes, isn't it? I have the same problem. You did a fine job.

Jackie said...

Fantastic page with great textures :o)
Jackie xx