Friday 18 March 2011

Friday's Christmas Card

Evening All,


True to form I've just finished making the weekly Christmas card. This week the them is 'going for gold' and this card has gold by the shovelful! The background fabric, from a fat quarter bought at my local sewing and craft shop, has gold detail all over it and was sewn on with gold coloured thread - yes, I've finally christened my 'new' sewing machine.

Confession time: my lovely daughter gave me the sewing machine, a Brother, well over a year ago but I'd simply never gotten round to trying it out - in fact, I hadn't even taken it out of it's box. I think I'd gotten it into my head that it would not be as good as my ancient but well-loved Jones. I've made amends now and it won't be going back in the box because it is a great machine, lighter than my old one, but very easy to use.

Tilda is basking in a halo of embossed gold and her present is tied up with gold embossed ribbon.


As are the baubles hanging from the mistletoe on the topper - the image was stamped on to red card with VersaMark, embossed with gold powder then cut around the outline of the design.



The red ribbon is edged with gold and even the card candy is gold. For a change I made a second topper and adhered it to the inside of the card instead of making an insert - in truth I didn't have time to fiddle around making an insert this week.


Materials used:
  • Cardstock: Stampin Up Smooth Card, Wild Wasabi, for base; Docrafts Papermania Capsule Collection Red Card for matting and bauble topper; gold embossed card for Tilda topper; smooth white card for Tilda stamp
  • Fabric: Gold/green/red/ Christmas patterned fat quarter; gold coloured thread to match.
  • Stamps: Tilda Bringing Present- coloured with Promarkers and blinged with iridescent glitter and Heat It Up gold embossing powder; Mistletoe and Bauble - a freebie stamp from Craft Stamper (I think!), stamped with VersaMark and embossed with the gold powder.
  • Embellishments: Anita's Christmas Ribbon - gold-edged red; gold card candy
As usual I will be submitting this card the same two challenges I do every week:
I've completed the Busy Doing Nothing card but I will post it later as I have to get a shift on if I want to get this to Hazel's challenge on time :)

Happy Crafting,

3 comments:

Hazel said...

Oh Wow, Elizabeth - what a gorgeous lot of gold - wonderful - and well done for the sewing. Thanks for joining in my CHNC challenge 11 - a new challenge in the morning - hope to see you again soon. x

Carrie said...

Gorgeous as always Elizabeth. I love the gold finishing touches....just perfect for Christmas xxx

coops said...

gorgeous card elizabeth.i love the fabric background and fab tilda and colours :D

xx coops xx