Tuesday 15 February 2011

F1 Racing Birthday Card for a Grandson

Good morning to you all, and Happy Birthday, Alun!


Alun is my youngest grandson and today is his 12th birthday. Ever since he was a tot he has loved cars and this has developed into a fascination for F1 racing. In fact, he is something of an expert and knows the names of all the top drivers, current and past, and all the racing cars, colours, etc. So this year I've made him a card dedicated to the racing car.

This card was simple and easy to make because I found the toppers already pre-printed and the design paper was printed from a My Craft Studio CD. The insert needed a bit of tweaking, a change of colour from yellow to red. The image isn't of a racing car but this karting image fitted in nicely with today because our gift to him was a voucher to go karting - a taster for the real thing!


Materials used:
1. White cardstock for base; red A5 textured card from Create & Craft TV for matting
2. Paper from My Craft Studio's CD 'The Finishing Line'
3. Toppers from Create & Craft (bought at Wilkinson's)

I printed the design paper off in A4 size so that I could use it to cover both the front and back of the card. So there it is, an easy card to please our own wee car racing enthusiast.

I have another card to post so will be back when I have photographed it.

Hope you all have a very happy crafting day.

3 comments:

Carrie said...

Ooh, a boy's card.....you don't often find many of those as they are so tricky to make. But you have done a fab job with this one and I am sure your grandson will love it.
Love
Carrie
xxx

Hazeyj said...

Gosh, what a fab card, full of movement and a beautiful layout. Your grandson will be thrilled! Hazel x

coops said...

brilliant boys card elizabeth.i like F1 racing too :D

xx coops xx