Tuesday 18 January 2011

Tiny Valentine

Good morning to you all,

Just one tiny card measuring just 3" x 3" to show you this morning.



I caught up with Kristina Kwerner's Make a Card Monday, aka starofmay, on YouTube yesterday and on an impulse made this quick and easy card loosely based on her design. Kristina's simple, clean, unfussy style is one that I have admired for some time. You can see the original card, as Kristina intended it to look, on her blog at http://www.kwernerdesign.com/blog/?p=4755

Materials used:
  • Cardstock: Stampin Up Crumb Cake measuring 3" x 6" for base, off-cuts and recycled strips of card for trim
  • Stamps: Alphabet letters (unknown make but wood mounted set, Ladybug Crafts It's Only Words 2, Stamps Away Useful Words
  • Ink pads: Versamark pad, Versafine Crimson Red
  • Docrafts Papermania embossing powder in Seafoam White
  • Embellishments: Inksentials Opaque White pen, The Ribbon Girl red/white baker's twin, Quickie Glue pen; Iridescent glitter
I had to substitute everything but the white pen and the base card. The card I used for the trim came from my off-cuts and recycling stash - some red, glittery, embossed trim I had already punched out with my Martha Stewart punch and backed it with some gold embossed card recycled from a card received this Christmas. I think I captured the essence, if not the actual design - well, you work with what you've got, don't you : )

That's it for now - it's a lovely bright day here with sunshine so the beach is calling me.

See you later,
Elizabeth

5 comments:

Lynsey said...

What a sweet card Elizabeth!
Hugs Lynsey x

Carrie said...

Lovely card Elizabeth, enjoy the beach while the sun is shining xxx

Hazeyj said...

Just had to pop over Kristinas blog and see her card too and you are right about her style. However, I think your card is just as good if not better, with a touch of bling! Hope the beach was bracing, Hazel x

coops said...

gorgeous card elizabeth.i love the design :D

xx coops xx

Ciara said...

I watched her video the other day too, her cards are just amazing. I like your blinged up version too!