Sunday 14 November 2010

A New Home card and Another Graduation Card, this time for a new PhD

It's been calm, bright but cold for us today - quite a bit of blue sky showing - a perfect day for a walk but I've still got this cold hanging on so staying in the warm. Yesterday, I made these two non-Christmassy cards and enjoyed the change.

The first card is for my DH's lovely grand-niece, Laura, and family.


It was quick and easy to make using an A6 card base, landscape,  covered with design paper from Papermania's Summer Bloom 6"x6" pack. I found a use for the decorative strip I made recently when I was experiment with embossing on the Cuttlebug and punching a lace edge with my one and only Martha Stewart punch. The digital image is Home Sweet Home from Squiggles Stamps, coloured with Promarkers and the sentiments were made using My Craft Studio Professional, edged with a turquoise ink pad from Studio G. Inside and back simply decorated.



The other card is another graduation card but this time it is for a friend's daughter, Amy, who has just been awarded a Doctorate in Music. How she found time I do not know because, not only has she been teaching in Edinburgh, and as she lives in Glasgow that means quite a commute each day, but in the time it has taken her to write her thesis she has also given birth to her second child!



Again I used an A6 base card, portrait this time, and covered it with left over design paper. I used the Grad Anya digi stamp from the Greeting Farm again, coloured with Promarkers. And, again, I used a couple of stamps from the Congratulations stamp in the SWALK series, silver embossed, to decorate the front and inside.





Now, I have to clear my craftroom - DH is coming in tomorrow to put up a shelf in the corner for our little TV to sit on. You see, I've got quite a collection of videos with recordings of some of the Create and Craft stamping programmes showing techniques I want to try out at some time. Especially those with Barbara Grey from Clarity Stamps - I love what she does and the way she demonstrates. And, of course, the best place to follow them is here at my workdesk.

I'm told it will only take a couple of hours so should be back crafting later tomorrow.  Actually, it's forced me to have a clear up and that's no bad thing!

Bye for now
Elizabeth

4 comments:

Carrie said...

Lovely as always Elizabeth xxx

Jackie said...

Fab pair of cards, lovely colours on the top one :o)
Jackie xx

Christa said...

What a beautifull cards you have made ! Especially the new-home-card. I love the image of the house ; so cozy. Love from Holland , Christa.

kelly said...

Love the home card, Elizabeth.

Hope the blue skies continue for you.

Kelly