Friday 19 November 2010

Blog Award

I was delighted, though greatly surprised, to receive this award recently from the very talented Sally at Cards For All Reasons. Sally makes beautiful cards and projects - her Christmas Lantern tutorial is brilliant - and I find her work an inspiration.

Thank you Sally. As a newcomer to cardmaking and blogging this gives me to think - I must be doing something right. Now, I have to tell you three things about myself and pass the award on to three deserving souls. Firstly, three things about myself:
  • Although I now speak with a fairly pronounced Scottish accent this was not always the case. I was born in Hampshire and had a decidedly English accent when my parents returned to their homeland, Scotland, and for most of my childhood I was known as that 'English Lassie' - the teasing encouraged me to learn to 'speak as the locals do'. : )
  • This worked so well that during my service in the army I was nicknamed Scotty - it could have been worse, it could have been Haggis!
  • When younger I loved participating in various sports, mostly racquet sports and swimming, but the one experience I particularly loved was abseiling. I always wanted to abseil down from a high building - never did and would not, I repeat not, do it now. 
Now for my three nominees that I would like to pass this award on to:

  1. Sarah at The Handmade Card Blog. It was Sarah's YouTube video's that originally inspired me to try card making. Sarah not only makes great instructive videos but produces great cards in her own distinctive style - at the moment she is cataloguing her attempts to empty her seemingly bottomless scrap bag. And, as if that isn't enough, she also shares her delicious recipes!  

  1. Lyn at Spyder's Corner - a fellow WOYWWer who produces really gorgeous cards - to drool over - and draws brilliant cartoons. Pop over to her blog and while your admiring her work you can catch her one day freebie digital stamps. 

  1. Lisa at Lisa's Craft Garden. Lisa makes the most fabulous crafty projects such as exploding boxes, tags and scrapbook layouts. She is also a keen photographer and posts the most gorgeous photos taken in and around her home and garden - today's photo, taken on the Yorkshire moors, is just fabulous. And, if that wasn't enough she makes and decorates the most amazing cakes!
  
My thanks goes again to Sally for honouring me with this award - I'm thrilled, not least of all because it has given me the opportunity to pass on the award to three inspirational crafters.

For those not yet familiar with what it means to be a WOYWWer then take a look at What's on Your Workdesk Wednesday, the brainchild of the honourable Julia at the Stamping Ground - here you will get a peek at all sorts of workdesks, from the anally tidy to the downright messy, from around the world.

I have a couple of cards to share with you but, because it is Bugsy night on TV this evening, I'm packing up here and saving that post for tomorrow.

Bye for now
Elizabeth



6 comments:

lisa said...

Thanks so much, Elizabeth, I shall have to widen the doors after that glowing report!!!! I feel very honoured that you have thought of me and I shall wear my award with pride.
Rest assured, your blog is great and it's a pleasure to count you as one of my lovely blogging buddies.
Have a great weekend
Hugs Lisax

Anonymous said...

Elizabeth, Sarah, Lisa and Lyn congrats to all of you ladies. I have just became addicted to blogs and Sarah was my first. I do agree with you Elizabeth, Sarah is a true inspiration.

Again, Awesome Job Ladies !!

Carrie said...

Huge congratulations Elizabeth on your fab award....you really deserve it xxx

Hazeyj said...

Elizabeth, your award is very well deserved - Sally recognises talent! Like you she has been a great source of inspiration to me and I can't stop making her lanterns! Everyone loves them & wants one! Best wishes H x

kelly said...

Congratulations on your award, Elizabeth. I read with interest your things about yourself.

Kelly

Anonymous said...

Hi there Elizabeth... Huge congratulations on your Blog Award, it is very well deserved, your creations are just lovely :-)

And WOW thank you so much for picking my wee blog to receive and pass the award on to .... thank you from the bottom of my heart :-) xx

I will update my blog later tonight with the award and the 3 things about me

Take care and Thank you

Sarah xx